Friday, February 7, 2014

1.Touching on a Moral Issue

Hello Again


After a leave of absence from my blog, for a few months, I felt like resuming blogging. My daughter's words, in one of her posts, fit me exactly, I like to write and writing helps me think, and I need all the help I can get.

If you have read my posts you know that I have been proving, from the Christian Bible, that many of the heroes of the Bible stories were, in various ways, involved with ufos.  Of course, people who follow the preacher's learning or the priest's admonitions will never see it from my point of view because, if they did, they would be obligated to do their own thinking. 

Most "Christians" do not want to exert the energy involved in making sure that what they believe is actually based on what the Bible teaches.  If you have followed my posts you know that most of my statements were substantiated with Scriptural texts.  A few times I conjectured; a few times I imagined how it might have been.

Here some might object and say that, for example, the Bible says there is only one God but that I said that the Patriarchs of the Bible were polytheists, and that means that I contradicted the Bible.  However, that same statement could be argued in reverse.  If, for example, "the church" believed in polytheism I could come along and say that the Bible distinctly says there is only one God.  So, in either case, I would not have contradicted the Bible, I would only have used different Bible verses to prove that the statements I made were actually true.  

The point I am making, is, let us not be bound to what others tell us to believe, let us do our own thinking.  If, indeed, we are narrow-minded enough to believe that the Bible is the only literature that Jehovah has ever "had written", then let us at least look at that piece of literature with an open mind and see what is actually in that Book.  However, better than that approach is to also include in our foundation other books of antiquity and deep thought.

In the time that I was away from blogging I did some more studying about the nature of and the validity of the idea of ancient "gods" living on "our" planet (which really is not ours).  In my next post, I will resume with my Bible study.

Shameful Pride


But, in the meantime, let's hear it for Mayor Rob Ford of Toronto, in spite of his faults and failures, he at least has the fortitude to refuse to go to a parade if he does not want to go. Then, there are those bigots who call him derogatory names, because of what he believes. There are also those who put their disgusting flag up on a pole where it is so totally out of place, and the Toronto city council says it is OK.  Shame on you!

And, while I am on the subject, what business does North America, and much of the rest of the world, have to insist that Russia must lower its moral standard just because our own moral standard is being dragged through the mud by a few degenerates who should learn to keep their private lives private?

No comments:

Post a Comment